Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Author Blog Challenge - Day 24


If your goal is to sell books, you must view your book as a business. In what ways do you treat your book as a business? Where could you improve? What resources could you leverage to improve your book business?

My main resource is an alarm clock!


I've always been organized, not being able to start my day without a to-do list, I even schedule my fun time! For the most part I do follow my list, the main problem is that I add too many things to it. And even though I love technology and at least 16 hours a day I have an electronic gadget in my hand, my lists are always made with pen and paper.....just love the feeling of crossing off things and when all is done tearing out the page.


In order to treat my book as a business, I schedule the time to write, have reminders about what I need to tweet, post or update in my social medias sites. With that said, why is the alarm clock so important? Because if I was left to my own schedule I would wake up at 1 PM, read until 3 PM, go out and do something fun just because and maybe start work by 9 PM at the coffee shop. Not a good way to be self-employed.

Now that I follow office hours, I'm more productive and focused, and things are moving along very nicely. I can still improve things by automating some posts, being more proactive when it comes to promotion and marketing my skills.

As I was browsing to find appropriate images to add to this post, I came across these from Nate's Cartoons, the cartoons are very witty, I'll be checking his blog a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment