Monday, June 11, 2012

Author Blog Challenge - Day 10


Have you participated in a critique groups? If so, how did it work out for you? If not, why have you avoided them to this point?

Critique Groups?? Dear Lord, NO! Feedback and I don't have a good relationship; I fear it, even if I know I've done a good job I'm afraid of negative comments. I've been working on overcoming this fear, which is the main reason why I started blogging.

The way I saw it, blogging would allow me to move away from my comfort zone and allow anybody to read what I write. My blog growth has been decent considering I don't promote it too much, still at a consistent 1,300 views per month I like to think people are only there to copy and paste my pictures.

Now that I've joined this challenge, my blog views are over 2,000 (and it's only Day 10!!). Seriously, I almost hyperventilate every time I see the numbers because this time I know people are reading....and worse writers are reading!! Oh no, I'm gonna hyperventilate again!

And don't get me started on how my heart flutters when I see a comment, and it's so cool that all the comments are nice and encouraging. This blog challenge is one of the best things that has happened to me and my fledging career in writing.

Thanks to everyone!

Getting back to the original question...Critique Groups?? Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment