Sunday, June 24, 2012

Author Blog Challenge - Day 20


How are you using social media to promote your book? What aspect of social media would you like to learn more about? What are your next steps?


Last week I read an article on Wired magazine regarding Klout "What Your Klout Score Really Means" (click here for article). 




I joined Klout.com some time last year, back then I was at 200+ followers and a Klout score of 23. Now I have 800+ followers (I'm not very aggressive when it comes to getting followers), and though my Klout has increased I keep fluctuating between 27 - 30...which is dismal if I want to consider myself social media savvy! As the article mentions, if I wanted to get a job in social media I wouldn't even be considered.


Even though Klout can be linked to all different type of accounts like Facebook, Wordpress, Blogger, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc. I know my best bet to increase my Klout will be to get better with my Tweeps. 


If I want to increase my score the next step is to use Hootsuite.com to add scheduled tweets. I also need to get on Twitter once or twice an hour to either tweet, re-tweet, reply and interact. It will take some getting used to since currently I may go days without looking at my Twitter feed...just thinking about it seems like an exhausting rat race but the rewards will be more Klout and Klout Perks are very cool too! 


My goal? Klout score of 40 by the end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment