Monday, June 25, 2012

Author Blog Challenge - Day 23


If a Hollywood agent were to come knocking on your door with an offer to turn your book into a movie and told you that you could call all the shots, who would you have direct and star in it? Write the first paragraph of Roger Ebert’s review of your film.


First thing would be to congratulate myself for signing that contract (who needs a soul anyway). Then I would demand Amy Heckerling (writer and director of Clueless, Look Who's Talking, Loser and many others). I admire the way she creates light-hearted movies with a serious theme underneath them and how she converted Jane Austen's Emma into Clueless was just perfect! So I would totally let her write the script based on my book.


There are no stars I can think off that could fill the roles of my characters, so I will want new actors who will do a brilliant job and later on when they win the Oscar talk about their first big break (my movie!)


So what would Roger Ebert say? I read several of his reviews (including the one he made for Clueless) to catch his review style, but in my mind, after watching my movie he would be speechless and just write:




No comments:

Post a Comment