Friday, July 13, 2012

Comic-Con 2012 - Thursday

Hey There:


Today was dedicated to the convention floor and a few panels. Maybe it's because I've been to Comic-Con nine times, but I don't take as many pics as I used to, however I did take the ones that mattered! Here are the highlights from my day:

My very first purchase at Comic-Con was at Cool Jerk's table, Darlene and her lovely husband Paul Horn are very dear friends of mine. This year is their 10th anniversary of having a table at Comic-Con plus the debut of "The Girl with the Donut Tattoo". I just had to have it!





The San Diego Public Library always has a booth (had no idea until now!) so I stopped by and since nobody was there had a nice chat with the ladies at the booth. We talked about the new building, about the convention as a whole and I got the book "Sky of Red Poppies" by Zohreh Ghahremani as a freebie!





"Last Blood" by Bobby Crosby, the premise on this one is that zombies are killing off all humans and vampires are stepping in to protect the humans - the zombies are messing with their bread and butter...literally! The best part is that this graphic novel will be turned into a movie...I bought an autographed book and took a pic with the creator, will have something to brag about in later years! Say "Zombie"!


Stopped by The Behemoth booth, they are a gaming company based in San Diego. Went to say hi to my dear friend and Magic The Gathering teacher, Larry.


I had the most amazing luck to score a very sweet freebie and Dr. Who merchandise from the BBC America booth. Won't add the pics in this post, but you will see them...eventually!




Here are a few cool costume pics I took during the day:





And last but not least, this is another pic taken at the corner of 5th and L Street at 3 PM or so....very different from yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment