Thursday, July 19, 2012

Comic-Con 2012: Saturday / Sunday

Hi There:

OK, so I know Comic-Con is now old news - after all it ended 3 days ago, but my slight OCD won't let me leave this series unfinished. But my OCD will let me do one post for two days! The thing is, Saturday and Sunday were a bit of a blur to me because two things happened that just made everything else minor in comparison:

Saturday

I went into an Epix channel panel promoting two movies. The first movie was Attack of the 50ft Cheerleader by Roger Corman which will be released on August 25th, but Comic-Con attendees had an exclusive showing....oh yeah, and this movie is in 3D...yup a 50ft cheerleader in 3D.

The second movie is a documentary by William Shatner called Get a Life! focused on hard core Trekkies, this documentary will air July 28 as an Epix original.

What was awesome about this panel was that I sat in the second row in front of the panelist table and not only was Roger Corman and William Shatner 10 feet away from me, but the panel was moderated by Kevin Smith!! It was so amazing to hear them reminisce and still talk about current and future projects. And I was right there....dream come true!!


comic-con 2012

comic-con 2012

comic-con 2012

comic-con 2012

Sunday


I made my riskiest Comic-Con move ever! The Doctor Who panel started at 12:30 PM and I got in the line for Hall H at 11 AM! I was almost certain I wouldn't get in, but I had to try. My original plan was to get there at 6 AM, but I just couldn't do it, and since I was at that panel the year before I wasn't too concerned if I missed.


Luckily I didn't miss it, actually it was very close...the line was cut off 4 people behind me. My line friends and I high-fived, hugged, jumped in joy and as we walked towards Hall H sent our regrets to those staying behind. The panel was great and as always we learned nothing new, Steven Moffat says nothing! All we know - because it's all over the internet - is that the Ponds are out of the series....the question is will they die? All Moffat said when asked that question was "You know me!".....which can mean anything!


OK, one thing that will be coming in the next season.....Dinosaurs in Space!


After the panel there was an impromptu meetup in the autograph area with Dr Who Cosplayers....I Love The Doctor!


matt smith

cast

the ponds

dalek asking questions
This guy was there last year too!!

cosplay

cosplay

No comments:

Post a Comment