Saturday, April 16, 2011

My First Vlog

Hey There:

As I get deeper and deeper into Social Media, one of my resolutions for 2011 was to start doing some Vlogging (Video Blog). Originally I wanted just to display images and use only my voice as a narrator or music, but alas, the very first one I did was of me talking directly to the camera.

First of all, never thought I'd have the balls to do it, and second I did try over and over again to only show my nails, as you will see in the clip I'm posting here. Good thing I had a great topic so I could do the video; I made a blog entry at StyleBust.com called "Nail Polish Strips" in it I review Sally Hansen's Salon Effects strips, give information about other brands and show off my own nails.




This short one minute clip took me two days and easily 15 attempts before I was satisfied. I used a Samsung video recorder, also tried my Flip camera and finally it was the webcam on my laptop that did the trick. As a first attempt it's not bad, I still need to learn more about lighting, how to speak directly to the camera, apply my make-up better, and learn how to be more fluent.

I do have to admit I liked doing it, I don't cringe when I see myself on YouTube and I know I'll be making more of these in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment