Monday, July 15, 2013

Cross-Stitch - Heirloom Baby Name

Hey There:

My latest cross stitch project was done in honor of a dear friend, chick lit author and client Susan Buchanan. She recently had her first child and I was just waiting for someone close to me to have a baby so I could create this heirloom piece:



The pattern was purchased from TheStitchery.com - Loving Hands Tiny Feet and it took me close to 4 months to make, working on it an average of 3 - 5 hours per week. So if someone is in a hurry to make it as a gift, I expect it can be done within a month. It felt so good making it, especially the precious little toes...too cute!

And as a shout out to Susan Buchanan, check out her books, she writes very funny chick lit based in Scotland and it always makes me smile when I think about the kilt scene on the Dating Game....she put those Scottish hunks in kilts just for me!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this pattern as well...
    I made it for my youngest daughter when she was a baby...
    I want to make it again, but, through the years of moving,
    I have lost parts of the pattern... :'(
    i have scotched taped it so many times, but, somehow,
    I am missing the part that shows the colour name and colour number! :-(
    What I am looking for now, is someone who could give me that information...
    my email addy is: nebinkwe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, do you know whwere i can buy the pattern from. I'm in australia. Thanks paulette

    ReplyDelete