Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games Nails

Hey There:

I normally don't do blog posts about nail art, if something looks cool I'll just post a twitpic, but I really liked this tutorial and this is The Hunger Games weekend so what the heck!



What I liked about this technique is that I made the flame design on a plastic bag, let it dry, peeled it and applied it to my nail. It was very easy! Of course, I'm not gifted when it comes to drawing so the flames look a bit crooked, but I still love them.

I have tons of nail polish colors, these are the ones I used to create the look:

OPI Base Coat
OPI Black Onyx (represents District 12 coal mines)
Sally Hansen French White Tip (base for the flame design)
OPI I'm not Really a Waitress (red polish)
Sephora by OPI What's your Poison? (glittery red)
KleanColor Boogie Nights (orange polish, an emergency purchase from a dollar store)
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow (yellow polish)
Sephora by OPI Cab Fare (glittery yellow)
OPI Top Coat



I just did a quick count of my nail polish collection...I have 46...that's not too many, right? Anyhoo, here's the tutorial I used to create the Hunger Games nails. I love CutePolish YouTube tutorials, so unique and easy to do! Check her out and subscribe to her channel, she's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment